Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What do my dreams have to do with Lily? I am on the phone interviewing a teenager about some ambiguous thing that my dream won't reveal. Dreams. Sometimes you get sound or you'll see something, but most of it is just a guess like fitting puzzle pieces that maybe didn't come from the same box.

I finish my interview and a moment later I realize I am incarcerated. I asked the girl something wrong, I guess.


The color changes to hues of blue and violet purple or a deep blood red. A roommate. I sense she is a comfort rather than a danger, but she quickly tells me, stay here! She is across the hall and I see a crowd of women in jump suits pushing into a doorway. A writhing figure is prone and struggling. They all crowd until I can't see. I slip from my cell and approach but it's as if the bottom suddenly slips away and a wave hits me.


I rush back to my nice anonymous corner. Should I help? Is it stupid and none of my business? Is someone being hurt? Do I hate myself for looking away. My roommate comes back. Nothing has happened, has it?

I wake up and look for Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment