Thursday, May 26, 2011

Me My Booze And I



We weren't serious and the affair is over



We were just passing time like a game of solitaire that I always lost



We remember years ago when together we pushed the world away



and cleansed our aching, pulpy souls with cheap vodka



We didn't blame anyone, we just kept buying vodka



and noticed that the bottles got bigger and cheaper



our potion came in plastic



He frowned and asked me if I wanted a drink



I didn't want one really, but I wanted everything else even less



On a summer day with magic and warmth that did not touch me



I watched my glass sweat



I watched my glass empty



I think of those days years ago when I filled my life with booze



so I know what a lot of people are hiding

as I serve their drink

No comments:

Post a Comment