Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pen And Paper Please


Damn you, electronic magic.

Thoughts I thought while my web was out: Love is a silly sticky thing clinging to my fingers and heart like honey in the sun. I thought of dwindling kisses mixed with coconut and candy.

I miss summer's lingering warmth, unlike a cold yesterday where the world spun along toward midnight and my thoughts lit with demon embers.


Witch hazel, snowdrops, and daffodil tips are here, pushing early through the ends of a frail winter. Orion has slipped from his high spot in the night.




Ashes To Ashes


I watched Ash Wednesday's people slipping into a season of penance while I kept my soiled soul hidden and stopped at the liquor store.


Genesis, is that you? The sinners angered him. Cast from Eden and suddenly carrying the weight of mortality, their days filled with thoughts of death. While leaving footprints upon the dust, they waited.








2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dear C Wall, what the hell is your Tumblr address. Can't find you under bad liver and a broken heart...because I am a moron.

      Delete