Wednesday, December 26, 2012


Now And Then

Honey tongue and hungry eyes
carve me
arms wide i am waiting and waiting

scar me 
shooting star on the night

kisses like sunrise stain me

but a banshee wind whips
doubt crashes in while her cold hair flies wild and white
-----
we shattered
again and again and again
over forgotten things 

a cold fireplace
separate chairs
buds that never bloomed

------------

I am just not feeling it lately. But i know the slamming heartbeat and shining eyes. The vibrant stuff of life. 

------------
The realtor couldn't unlock the box. Tired of crunching through the snow, I offered to slip through a window. Slip I did as I pushed feet-first through a missing pane of glass. 

The house immediately lost the appeal I had heaped on it -- a big bright room for a photo studio, stone foundation, rustic woods all around, a beautiful fireplace.

One Internet picture after another drew a pretty scene of a cottage in the woods. The whole thing all together as I wandered from one inexplicable space to another, was a stupid mess. Crunching back to the Bronco I felt my mood crashing. There was no way I could breathe a spec of life into this daydream.









No comments:

Post a Comment