Tuesday, March 26, 2013


I Made A Promise To Spit It All Out

I kept staring at the full moon
like it could hear my question
like i could hear its answer
as if it understood me
just by shining on me
from far away 
why why

-------------------

Justin hated the lesbian. He slammed doors and banged chairs around while she made coffee. 
He said, who asked you to come in? She filled her lips with the first light, sweet sip.
I snagged the newspaper before Justin could rip out the crossword.
The lesbian and I sat with steaming mugs on a weary couch on Saturday -- early sunlight on her skin almost gave her away. 
But nobody knew just by looking at her. 
Nobody knew her inside. 
No one could tell who she needed to be when someone like Justin woke up angry.
I mean, what do you do with a guy banging around in early September when he realizes that the girl he jammed last night -- shrouded in cigarette smoke with his heart pounding in his ears -- was a lesbian?



No comments:

Post a Comment