Monday, October 24, 2011

Thoughts on scraps of paper in my purse:


He doled out time like ribbon candy, sweet and brittle and sticky on my teeth.


I laughed, but should not have laughed. I was sobbing -- little feelings dried up in damp tissues on the floor while I cried until I couldn't breath.


At the bar at night-into-morning I listened to Bob Dylan, drank a wine, and wondered over and over about the difference between selfish and wrong.


---------------------------


Halloween when I was a girl…


Night settled with crisp sounds of leaves in a lazy breeze and my imagination ran ahead on light feet.


I was a girl, a cat, a ballerina, a witch. I was alive and dreaming and racing for candy with my neighbors, faces painted in false red grins or masked like death or terror, lining up behind me as I pressed the glowing bell.


My haunts were not real yet. As I tugged a pillowcase full of candy through a cool autumn night I did not know that I would walk heart first into a hungry demon.


---------------------------


So much on my mind…so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment