Tuesday, November 8, 2011

For My Brother


Finicky time snicks softly past

giving or taking or forgetting us


yesterday a playful dog slept against a child

but today he did not wake


we'll hear those claws on the floor

and a wet body shake


put down the leash and the stick

and wave goodbye to Rudi


---------


Driving home on election night after watching the Republican blade slaughter its opponents in Newtown, I wondered about the price of a split second's breath that often costs a lifetime. Did one man really call his opponent a snake? Really?


Lifting my camera overhead and sliding sideways through a crowd I glanced outside as a near-full moon poured silver light across the landscape.


______


I don't know what to say today. The muse has stolen my mind and dashed into dreams where blades stab holes in my thoughts and doubt steps in.



No comments:

Post a Comment