Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just a few thoughts, and some other things I think:


I want to stand under a streetlight with the wind's echo so beautiful as rain cools my lips.


But there is no streetlight or beautiful wind. No echo. No rain. Just thoughts like photos that fade.


Looking through old pictures I found a bride -- her dress draped across her hips like a caress. With a beer in her hand, she laughed. In another room was her husband, nervous despite a fresh cigarette, pressed suit, and friends.


In other photos is a little girl with a dandelion puff held in the wind. Her hair is shadows and sunlight. White wisps of dandelion seeds fly in the late summer breeze.


I remember being happy. I remember floating as I walked and loving everything. That's when life was coated in gold and gravity didn't touch me. I giggled when I spoke and approached most things like I was at a carnival swinging a hammer for a prize. Everything I had went into every swing. Every time. Now I watch my step. I am afraid I will miss. I am afraid.


I don't feel free.


No comments:

Post a Comment