Thursday, February 18, 2010

Awake this morning and into my hiking shoes the snow drags at my feet. Lily runs. The hills are harder and sticks become lost in the few inches that fell Tuesday, but Lily’s black snout covered in snow is like a frosted cupcake with a stick in its mouth.
She and Bandit and Hershey stayed together downstairs again today while Ozzy had the couch to himself. I sit at work calling Jerry every two minutes.
Do you think they’re OK?
I don’t care if he answers or I am shuffled to voicemail. I need to ask to ask to ask.
A voicemail: PLEASE call when you get home and tell me how they are I am worried I can’t stop thinking about them I hope they’re OK.
He calls me back and I ask, well?
I’m not home yet, he said.
Oh….
Well, I am worried.
They’re fine, he said.
He is home with the dogs for the next couple nights.
Thank you Jerry.
So many things I could not do without his help, but he owes me for his haircut last night…

No comments:

Post a Comment