Monday, September 19, 2011

One night I was suddenly weightless and blood rushed in my ears. I drank too much wine and kept my hands busy, talking about anything.


Untouchable things thrilled me as I daydreamed and looked for songs on the radio, wondering about the little bites temptation takes from our hard-earned souls.


I don't know much about demons, but I'll guess they look like me, filling up with Cabernet after midnight in the dark and stepping out of shadows to change the music.


Nothing is like the sensation of falling, and I walked with it inside me for days.

---------------------

I lost my soul once -- it slipped briefly from my mind in a motel room, as if the supermarket rose B. left on the comforter would be enough…


I remembered my apartment's tall plaster walls and E's recliner in the corner where he sat, loaded on pain pills after crashing off a ladder. He laughed and slapped the brace on his leg and his crutches and said, don't hurt me, I am just an old man.


Yes he was, and I already had.


I need to say something to you. I cheated, I said.


Since then I know the kind of girl I want to be, and that should solve everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment