Tuesday, September 27, 2011

To a demon in the dark who turned to face me...


In the shadows on your cheeks and pool of blue in your eyes I see a song with holes in it where love could fit.


We are not everything all at once, I said. We are bits and pieces. We are dreams that come true. We are a little at a time.


Closer to me he wrapped his fingers through mine. I won't seduce you, he said.


Couldn't I beg a little, I thought.


He let my fingers go.


____________________


Autumn came and quickly took the light way. Leaves fell and I sought a cadence that I had lost.


I took my dogs in the forest and found stones dark with dew, weeping.


I see gold and black flashes of fur where Lily runs and I rush across uneven ground to find her.


Dying daylight turns her brown eyes to honey.



No comments:

Post a Comment