Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Don't Do It Easy, Do It Hard




there's a fear in my head


of living by what the truth says




and it's a cautious thing we do


sliding our lives together




what if my heart gets cold


and heavy feelings push me over




I'm slipping into crazy


while you're perfect, everything you do




who could ever love me like you


no one else would kiss that way


no one else could wait that way, hoping that I might be better




---------




Strange Things On Ordinary Days




I glanced past the gin, vodka, rum bottles and saw it happen -- he came walking in from years ago telling her secrets. Now she's got some pretty things she'll never unknow.




Late at night I can hear them talking. Frozen bits of time, cold gifts that last forever. Maybe this goes on everyday, two people fitting the world inside an embrace.




Are there answers?


If you ask a shadow it will say, everything's a copy


the sun sees only yellow


and I know only what I know




---------




Crouching against a sturdy oak I lifted the camera seconds too late as lightning tore the sky and rain turned to hail. Marbles of ice hit the lens and scattered around, their sudden cold hammering daffodils that have no choice but to open when spring calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment