Wednesday, August 29, 2012


Never Gone…

That was no gentle love
it hurt me
i keep thinking I gotta forget you
but you tore me inside
you're never gone

you're my cry without echo
a dark love without dawn
i can't forget you
you tore me inside
it's never gone

spent a year without rainbows
couldn't make you come true
you're a song inside
i can't unsing you

you're a bleeding sunset fading
you took something of mine
how can i forget you

--------------------

Mature oaks already wear the rusty signs of autumn -- their leaves drying while younger bursts of green cling to summer's emerald and jade. 

She lingers a few minutes less each day. Cooling nights push her warmth away. I love her and I'll miss her. Seasons change.

--------------------











4 comments:

  1. i still feel your presence after all these years- when i read your words, like it was yesterday that we met at tidewater or were driving in your toyota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will, wow...I will try to find a way to get in touch...give me a hint, email, account, something...

      Delete
  2. tarnation- sent you an e-mail a while back, willhastings@aim.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. psssst. I found and replied to the email you sent....in July! So sorry I did not see it then.

    ReplyDelete