Wednesday, January 23, 2013


I Used To Be On Fire

he smiled
i loved him
i told him everything i had
but time started slipping
he stopped coming home

i stood alone in the cold
a swollen moon chased Orion
the two of them dancing forever that way
they've done this before
the lead and the follow
the heart and the hollow

i used to be on fire

i tore out the phone and died when he left
a long time of crying and beer
and strangers 
over and over were strangers staring at me
touching my hair
it's like they could see it
my broken light 

i used to be on fire

i locked the doors and cried myself raw when he left
i loved him
never pictured the end
then i saw his eyes 
her red hair mirrored there

he said he was leaving
the memory still stabs me

i used to be on fire

the heart and the hollow
such a perfect pair


It was a long time ago, but I feel it again. Beautiful love somehow changing.


No comments:

Post a Comment