Monday, January 18, 2010

I smelled something tonight that was worse than dead flesh, excrement, decay, rot, or decomposition. Lily left a mess tainted with a new, raw diet and supplements and I immediately turned on the house fan, lit candles, and tried not to cry.
We have made some assumptions and with my friend Cindy's help regarding who to call and my mother's regular visits to play and love Lily, maybe we have slid forward a smidgen. Lily now has the help of one Thomaston food store owner and I spoke to my vet about treating Lily as if her pancreas is not producing the proper digestive enzymes. Skip the test and its expense.
Our progress is measured in hours. I feed her and watch the clock. She did not need to sniff around the yard for more than two hours.
Her hips protrude like doorknobs, her ribs ripple as the fur shifts when she moves from black to tan to black along the bony ridges.
Thank you to my friends with their suggestions: yogurt, raw food, and vitamins included. Thank you to my friends who write to me or call and offer support. I think I need to close this tiny chapter and let this rest with you for just a little while.
Is anything working?

No comments:

Post a Comment